UK trusts donated £2.9bn to the charity sector in 2013/14 – an increase of £0.4bn on the previous year. Trusts accounted for the majority rise in voluntary sector income overall for the year.
This is a source of income that can provide large sums for projects, often secured for more than one year, within a short time period. Once set up this is a steady source of income and can offer a return of 10 times your investment. You start to receive grants within six months of starting.
The secrets to successful trusts fundraising
- Knowing who to approach
- Knowing how to package your work into funder-friendly proposals and projects
- Having enough time to dedicate to developing the projects and writing the applications
When you know who to approach, how to create a compelling proposal and you have the capacity to do so, you will raise more money to deliver your organisation’s vision.
At Money Tree Fundraising we know trust fundraising; over six years we have worked with dozens of small charities keen to raise more money in order to expand the life-changing work they do. Their trust income grew when we addressed the key problems we encounter with our clients over and over again:
- Not knowing how to find the right trust to approach
- Not knowing how to write compelling proposals
- Not having the time to write the applications
Our fundraising expertise delivers:
- Prospect lists of relevant trusts
- Strong written proposals delivering income
- Capacity for your programme
- New fundraising skills for you and your team
We have a number of ways we can work with you.
Take our questionnaire to check if you’re ready for trust fundraising and how healthy your programme is right now
Kick-start your trust fundraising with our tried & tested approach, available to suit all levels
If you need help with one big bid – be it the Lottery, Comic Relief, Children in Need or similar – then we can help