UK trusts donated £2.9bn to the charity sector in 2013/14 – an increase of £0.4bn on the previous year. Trusts accounted for the majority rise in voluntary sector income overall for the year.
This is a source of income that can provide large sums for projects, often secured for more than one year, within a short time period. Once set up this is a steady source of income and can offer a return of 10 times your investment. You start to receive grants within six months of starting.
The secrets to successful trust fundraising
- Knowing who to approach
- Knowing how to package your work into funder-friendly proposals and projects
- Having enough time to dedicate to developing the projects and writing the applications
When you know who to approach, how to create a compelling proposal and you have the capacity to do so, you will raise more money to deliver your organisation’s vision.
At Money Tree Fundraising we know trust fundraising; over six years we have worked with dozens of small charities keen to raise more money in order to expand the life-changing work they do. Their trust income grew when we addressed the key problems we encounter with our clients over and over again:
- Not knowing how to find the right trust to approach
- Not knowing how to write compelling proposals
- Not having the time to write the applications
Our fundraising expertise delivers:
- Prospect lists of relevant trusts
- Strong written proposals delivering income
- Capacity for your programme
- New fundraising skills for you and your team
We have a number of ways we can work with you.
Take our questionnaire to check if you're ready for trust fundraising and how healthy your programme is right now
Kick-start your trust fundraising with our tried & tested approach, available to suit all levels
Don't see what you need?
We are happy to discuss other ways we can support you if our packages aren't quite right for your needs