We are looking for major donor fundraising consultants to join our associate team. You will need to demonstrate successful experience in major donor fundraising – particularly at the strategic end rather than delivery-only – and be able to turn your hand to all aspects of setting up or reviewing a major donor programme, without much additional support (e.g. you may be copy writing for a strong case for support, or analysing data for identification of prospective donors).
We are particularly interested in hearing from any fundraiser from a BAME community.
The deadline for submitting CVs is the Sunday 1st November 2020 and you will hear from us within two weeks with the next step and any further deadlines.
If you aren’t sure either about whether you meet the criteria or whether we are the right fit for you, then Beth is happy to have a chat before you go ahead. If you are sure, then here’s the process:
1. Please submit your CV now to email@example.com
2. We will send our application form to all of those we long-list for the role
3. Having reviewed application forms we will arrange to speak with everyone who meets our criteria
4. We will need to see two examples of your work that are relevant to this role – we can talk about that when we speak
5. We will take two references AND require two testimonials (all from different people)
6. We will ask you to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form during the process. This is via an anonymous Google form separate to the application form and therefore we trust you to complete it
7. We will offer feedback to everyone who takes part in the process, at any stage.
Things to note:
The day rates we offer are competitive but they are non-negotiable. This prevents us creating a gender pay gap. We pay different rates for different types of work, which Beth can explain in detail in a conversation. To give you a sense, our trust fundraising associates are paid £240 per day for interim or similar trust fundraising work and our major donor consultants are paid £450 per day for the most common major donor work we deliver.
No part of this process is optional unless there’s a discriminatory reason why we shouldn’t enforce it
All those who work with us must be based in the UK as some of this work is face-to-face with clients.
These roles are remote-based and self-employed and will be offered on a client-by-client basis (you cannot rely on us for all of your work)
If we’ve inadvertently put up a barrier in this process and we’re excluding you from applying but you’re still a great fundraiser with demonstrable track record please get in touch with Beth who is open to hearing how we need to adapt to meet your needs.
Hope it goes without saying: no recruiters please!