We understand that every charity is different, so a one-size fits all approach to fundraising strategy is not helpful. We pride ourselves on working alongside charities to really understand what form of fundraising will work best for them.
We have developed a method that we know delivers results.
There are four key stages in our methodology. Stages 1-3 are a combined piece of work forming Phase 1; Stage 4 is a Phase 2 piece of work, assessed after Phase 1:
- Relationships We work with you to build and maintain real relationships with your donors
- Proposition We use the insights gained from those relationships to shape the proposition in language that the audience wants to hear and can understand
- Planning Once we’re clear where we need to get to we create a plan to get us there
- Delivery We work alongside you to deliver the programme we know will make the difference to your work that you need
We research and identify the key relationships and opportunities for you, in particular to gain insight into volunteers, donors, beneficiaries and connected organisations, alongside other groups as identified by the charity. We will:
- Collect and review all material available
- Review financial history data
- Agree a list of interviewees
- Engage with and research the views, opinions and opportunities with key groups and individuals
Review your call to action and fundraising resources (including website). We will:
- Critique your existing case for support/business plan
- Assess your key messages and language for use across the organisation
We will review all information gathered and develop recommendations. This will include:
- Clear articulation of the opportunity for fundraising for you
- Resourcing required to maximise the opportunity
Phase 2 – delivery
The outcome of phase 1 will enable us to give a better indication as to the work needed to achieve your targets and over what period. We can work alongside you and support you to ensure the plan is delivered successfully delivered in a number of ways:
- supporting the recruitment of new staff
- training, mentoring, coaching new and/or existing staff in high-value fundraising
- training senior staff and volunteers so that their roles are clear
- researching prospective donors across trusts, corporate or major donor fields
- delivering written applications to trusts.
To give you an indication of the cost of ongoing support at this stage, we provide bid writing at approximately £350 per day and corporate/major donor consultancy at £500-600 per day. This can be office-based or remote.
We will aim to work to your budgets for strategic fundraising consultancy. Please contact us to discuss your brief so that we can build a tailored proposal, which we feel best meets your needs. As a guide we would charge between £4,800 and £9,600 for a piece of strategic consultancy, dependent on the size of the project and the depth of research involved.